Research by Bruce J. Avolio, Ph.D & Bernard M. Bass, Ph.D.
The MLQ360+ is the world’s most commonly used assessment to measure transformational leadership in the workplace. It measures 32 leadership behaviours against the Full Range Leadership Model (FRLM) and highlights a leader’s ability to influence and move others to perform above and beyond expectation.
The MLQ360 is backed by 30+ years of international R&D and is proven to be a strong predictor of leadership performance across a broad range of organisaitons1, cultures2, and contexts3. Validated by over 600 published studies and meta-analyses, the MLQ360 is guaranteed to reliably highlight leadership strength to realise leadership potential.
Insights from the MLQ360 empowers leaders to optimise their impact on productivity, effectiveness, and satisfaction through their behaviours in the workplace.
Industry and Leadership Benchmarking
The MLQ360 enables reliable benchmarking of leadership performance and impact against 17 different Australian Industries. Transformational leadership profiles are compared against 75,000+ ratings of c-suite leaders to highlight behaviours that have the greatest industry specific impact on productivity, effectiveness, or satisfaction. Leadership benchmarking and enterprise analytics empowers any organisation to:
- Understand the specific behaviours that will lead to the greatest impact on productivity
- Optimise return on leadership development activities by focusing on high impact behaviours
- Benchmark leadership performance and impact against industry norms
- Evaluate the return on leadership development investments over time
The Full Range Leadership Model is the world’s most researched and empirically validated framework to understand Transformational Leadership. The MLQ360 has been used to measure transformational leadership in over 5000+ published research studies and is proven to reliably highlight leadership strength and potential. Transformational leadership, as measured by the MLQ360, has been linked to:
- Increased performance, productivity, and satisfaction in the workplace (Bass & Avolio, 2000; Dum et al., 2002; )
- Greater workplace commitment, group cohesiveness, self-efficacy, and performance (Avolio et al., 2004; Pillai & Williams, 2004 )
- Innovation, creativity, and organisational performance (García Morales et al., 2008; Henker et al., 2015)
- Workplace engagement and productivity (Salanova et al., 2011)
- Team diversity, identity, and performance (Kearney et al., 2009)
Other Leadership Assessments
We measure and develop 32 high performance leadership behaviours that drive productivity,
effectiveness, and satisfaction in the workplace. Contact us for information on individual, team, or enterprise assessments.